Together with each of our investment companies, partners and investors, we become an active participant through a dynamic partnership with management and owners with support from a diverse team of Operating Partners aiming to enhance shareholder value and maximizing return on investment with patience and a long-term perspective.
We focus on investing in and advising undervalued, underserved and underperforming Branded Retail, Consumer Product, and Domestic Emerging Markets companies throughout North America. These are typically small to mid-size, multi-channel retailers and consumer products companies and brands with annual revenue under $100 million, with the typical transaction size ranging from $5-20 million over the life of the investment period. Verite will consider larger investments and will co-invest with other strategic and private equity partners.
Verite is committed to working with minority and women-owned businesses and businesses originating in domestic emerging and underserved communities which, with strong management teams and the proper resources, can grow profitably in all economic cycles and rapidly expand. We are also committed to working with family offices, private investment firms and senior lenders throughout North America to provide relevant and timely capital solutions for their portfolio investments.
We seek situations where we bring the ability to increases value and improved performance by understanding the industry trends and changing in consumer behavior.
- Branded consumer product and retail sectors – including ecommerce and bricks & mortar
- In the Consumer Products sectors we include Apparel & Accessories, Footwear, Textiles & Leather, Branded Personal & Household Goods and Home Furnishings.
- Our interests in Retail include Specialty Retailers of Apparel & Accessories, Catalogue & Internet and Department & Convenience Stores
Typical Investments included, but are not limited to:
- Growing demand for personalization as well as diversity for
ethnic & lifestyle oriented products
- Digital Commerce & Social Networking marketing approaches and customer connectivity
- Health and Aging
- Beauty/Personal Care
- Environment/Going Green
- Social Issues
- Weight Loss
- Opportunities with regard to specific asset classes or opportunistic situations involving undervalued or distressed situations and turnarounds
- Wholesale companies, brands (including micro-brands), and intellectual property
Service offering include those focused on: